Monday, February 4, 2013

Delhi day 2

With the sounds of MIA "boyz" in my head, I can't get enough of this city!

The food, the sights, and the sounds are incredible. I picked out a Sari from a huge dress shop last night. Emerald Green with eggplant bead work along the edges. Also picked up some sparkly bangles to match and a bindi of course.

The driving is insane here! I say my prayers every time we get in the car.
They drive on the other side of the road and no one follows the traffic laws if there are any.

There was a huge thunder and lightning storm last night. It felt like I was back in the Northwest. 

Pinkee and Sangiv have been amazing hosts with a very comfortable bed for us. They live in a very nice area with great people.

I have been very smart about what I eat and drink.. slowly introducing the new bacteria into my diet.

We are leaving for the village tomorrow by train where I finally get to meet my In-laws!

Love to you all! Will write again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Emerald looks amazing with your hair, I can't wait to see pictures! Have fun on the train ride and I'll go watch The Darjeeling Limited.

    ReplyDelete